Active Schools Priorities
Active Schools is a key part of supporting sportscotland's World Class Sporting System and has 3 key areas for development:
- Increase the number and diversity of children and young people participating in Active Schools activities.
- Provide more and higher quality opportunities to participate in sport in schools (before school, during lunchtime and after school).
- Engage with children and young people who may experience barriers to participation to support their inclusion in activity.
- Support and develop effective pathways between schools and clubs to improve the transition of children and young people from schools to clubs.
- Grow and develop a network of people to deliver opportunities within schools ensuring they have the confidence, skills and knowledge to deliver quality sporting opportunities.
- Recruit, retain and develop volunteers to deliver opportunities in schools.
- Provide support and leadership opportunities in a range of roles including: deliverers/coaches, event competition organisers, technical officials, decision makers and ambassadors.
- Raise awareness and understanding of Active Schools and impact amongst key stakeholders and the wider community.
- Share and promote opportunities to participate, lead and volunteer in sport.