Get Involved with active schools?
The success of Active Schools relies heavily on the support of volunteers to help sustain the wide range of programmes. At present there are many teachers, parents and community volunteers who support current physical activity clubs.
If you are interested in helping to get young people in East Renfrewshire more active, more often, the Active Schools team would love to hear from you! There are opportunities to volunteer in any of the following capacities:
- Leaders and coaches
- Assistant leaders and coaches
- Referees, umpires or officials
- Competition organisers
- Helpers of all kinds – from kit-washers to bus drivers!
In addition to helping increase physical activity levels within your local school, volunteering through Active Schools could also help you:
- Gain experience in a sports environment
- Develop new skills and attributes
- Enhance your employability
If you are interested in volunteering, contact your local Active Schools Coordinator.