Acceptable Use Policy for ERCL WiFi
EAST RENFREWSHIRE CULTURE AND LEISURE
Acceptable Use Policy for ERCL WiFi
A WiFi hotspot is provided to enable users to access the Internet for educational, informational and recreational purposes using their own devices. It is our aim to enable access to as wide a range of information as possible and to ensure fair usage.
In using these WiFi hotspots you agree to abide by the following conditions:
- Users must use any equipment provided in a careful and appropriate manner and shall at all times adhere to the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Users’ own mobile devices, and the WiFi hotspot, may not be used for transmission of any material in violation of any laws, national or international. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, threatening or obscene material, pornographic material, material inciting racial or religious intolerance, or material protected by trade secret.
- By accepting this policy, you have agreed not to knowingly access such sites and will be held responsible. If you inadvertently access an inappropriate site you must exit it immediately.
- Users must respect the privacy of others and must not transmit information, photographs or images of another individual without their knowledge and consent through use of mobile phone cameras or otherwise. Users are reminded that leisure facilities are public places and privacy cannot be guaranteed.
- Downloading of material from the Internet is allowed so long as material downloaded is purely for personal use and complies with the current law of copyright.
- Access to chat rooms and social network sites is permitted. Users are reminded that for your own safety and enjoyment you should NEVER – Give out your personal details to ANYONE over the Internet; Agree to meet anyone; Use language which is derogatory or demeaning and of a sexual, religious or racial nature. If you feel threatened or offended by discussion in a Chat Room or social network then you should leave it.
System Operating Conditions
- Filtering software is in place to prevent access to inappropriate and/or illegal content.
- In the event that it is suspected that a user is breaking the terms and conditions of this acceptable use policy East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure reserves the right to carry out further investigation which may involve comparison of this information with user logs. If the breach of the AUP also suggests the commission of an offence, the information gathered will be handed over to the relevant authorities.
Customer Care and Conduct
- Staff are on hand to give limited assistance in getting connected to WiFi hotspot.
- Every effort is made to monitor use of the Internet by children but it is not always possible for staff to control information contained on specific websites. Parents are encouraged to work with their children in using PCs and mobile devices in developing information skills. An information leaflet, on safe use of the Internet for children, is available from staff and posters with guidance are displayed.
- East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure does not accept liability for any loss or damage where individuals conduct personal transactions over the Internet (e.g. online ordering) or which may arise as a result of the release and subsequent misuse of personal details or financial information.
- Mobile devices may only be plugged into the power supply at the discretion of the staff and where appropriate. The safety of all users of the facility is paramount. Such usage is entirely at the risk of the user and East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure does not accept liability for any loss or damage to users’ own equipment while it is plugged into the power supply.
- It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that their own device is sufficiently protected against virus, spyware and other malicious attacks. East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure does not accept liability for any loss or damage to users’ own equipment while it is being used to access the WiFi hotspot.
- East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure accepts no responsibility for the safety or security of any mobile device used in its facilities.
- East Renfrewshire Culture and Leisure does not guarantee any information or advice on the Internet and accepts no liability for losses incurred or damage suffered as a result of reliance on the same.
- Users must complete an online registration form providing their full name, a valid email address and password before they can access the internet.
- ERCL staff must authorise all new accounts before users can access the Internet.
- All users must be 12 years and over to access the WiFi hotspot. ERCL staff may ask any individual for proof of age.
- By registering to use the service users are agreeing to abide by the terms of this AUP.
- Should the terms of the AUP be breached, the user’s ability to register to use the WiFi hotspots may be suspended. If the breach of the AUP also suggests the commission of an offence, the matter will be handed over to the relevant authorities.
- No printing facilities currently exist for customers using the WiFi hotspots.
- There is no charge for use of WiFi hotspots