Kids Swimming Lessons
Encouraging your child to learn to swim is one of the most important opportunities you can give them. If you get children interested in swimming when they’re young there’s a good chance they’ll enjoy the water for the rest of their life.
Since September 2019, we have entered a partnership with Scottish Swimming and have adopted the Scottish National Swimming Framework.
The Scottish Swimming National Framework provides a clear set of tried and tested techniques and skills combined with up to date teaching methods, all of which will ensure your child’s swimming ability is improved. Enrol your child in swimming lessons today and you’ll also have peace of mind that they’re safer when they’re near water. Please note, children must be aged 3 to 12 years to participate in the Learn to Swim Programme.
Find all the relevant swimming lesson information for your child below, and click apply using the form at the bottom of the page.
- Eastwood High – Jade Conway 0141 577 3665
- Barrhead Foundry – Alison Carse 0141 577 4050
- Eastwood Park Leisure – Meta Kelly 0141 577 4955
- Neilston Leisure – Alison Carse 0141 577 4833
- All Sites – Allysha Connelly 07587343890
Please note all swimming lessons are non-refundable unless a medical certificate is provided or in exceptional circumstances.
Following their progress couldn’t be easier! Register with our Swimming Lessons Home Portal to access regular updates on your child’s progress, re-enrol into classes and easily pay for swimming lessons securely online. Home Portal also allows you to manage lessons for more than one child, all with one simply login.
Aim: To become water confident and develop core aquatic skills (without adult assistance but with buoyancy aids as required).
Please note, children entering the Foundation Level, can be attending school, this level is not constricted to children NOT at school, it is for complete beginners aged between 3 and up.
- Introduce complete non-swimmers to the aquatic environment and establish an understanding of safety in and around water
- Develop and progress water confidence
- Establish an understanding of basic core aquatic skills
- Encourage independent movement
- Develop skills through enjoyment, fun and self-discovery
Swim Skills 1
Aim: To further develop water confidence and develop core aquatic skills without aids.
- Develop confidence and ability to perform a wide range of core aquatic skills without buoyancy aids
- Develop basic technique of the 4 strokes
- Introduce the basic technique of sculling
- Develop balance of buoyancy through a variety of activities
Swim Skills 2
Aim: To increase the competency of the core aquatic skills and develop basic stroke technique
- Introduce and progress new core aquatic skills
- Develop stroke technique to include all 4 strokes
- Introduction to diving (pool permitting)
- Develop awareness and feel for the water through a variety of core aquatic
Swim Skills 3
Aim: Introduce more advanced stroke technique and achieve Triple S standard
- Further develop competency in all four strokes
- Achieve the Triple S award/Scotland Safer Swimmer Award
- Development of Diving
- Further develop Butterfly and Breaststroke aiming to achieve legal technique
Swim Skills 4
Aim: To improve the quality of stroke technique, introduce multi-aquatic skills/disciplines and basic lifesaving skills
- To demonstrate competent technique in all 4 strokes
- Introduce lifesaving skills and basic aquatic discipline skills
- To provide basic skills to enable progressions in to all aquatic disciplines including life saving
Aim: To improve and maintain stroke technique over distance and develop basic training and race skills producing a swimmer who is ‘Club Ready’
- Advance swimming stamina in all four strokes whilst maintaining technique
- Improve efficiency in all four strokes
- To develop turn technique in all four strokes
- Knowledge and understanding of club training practices
To Apply for Swimming Lessons please complete this form
Please note, children must be aged 3 to 12 years to participate in the Learn to Swim Programme. Do not complete this form if your child is not between the ages of 3 and 12 years.