Bookbug has returned to East Ren libraries
|Eaglesham (Montgomerie Hall)||Tuesday||9.15am|
- *Bookbug sessions will return to Mearns Library week beginning 11 April
Things will look and feel a little bit different as we phase sessions back in across our libraries.
- Sessions are suitable for 0-5 years
- Sessions can be booked 7 days in advance of the session – online, in-person, or by phoning the library
- One booking per family should be made under the name of the adult making the booking
- Numbers are limited and are guided by space available at each library
- As space is limited, we ask that only one adult attends per family booking
- If you have booked a place but then can’t make it, please cancel your booking online, or let the library know
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of the session
- When event is full you may still be able to book a space on the waiting list if the Register button still appears
Bookbug bring books, reading and learning to life. Every week there will be fun songs and stories for you and your little ones to enjoy together.
Bookbug is Scottish Book Trust’s national Early Years programme. As a national charity, Scottish Book Trust delivers the Bookbug programme locally by working in partnership with local library and education services and third sector organisations. To support local delivery of the Bookbug programme, Scottish Book Trust provides its partners with training, advice and Bookbug bags of books.
Download our free Bookbug app to share songs and rhymes on the go, look up new words or make up your own songs and rhymes to our new instrumental versions!
Visit the App Store or Google Play to download.
Bookbug Library Challenge
Getting involved in the Bookbug Library Challenge couldn’t be easier.
- Join your local library and pick up your child’s Collector’s Card
- Collect a stamp each time your child borrows books
- When your card is full, swap it for a certificate for your child to keep
- Start collecting stamps on a new card! There are lots of certificates to collect
Get your hands on a free Bookbug bag with brilliant stories and goodies to share as a family.
- Bookbug Baby and Toddler packs are gifted by Health Visitors at check ups. If for any reason you have not received your pack, please contact your nearest library who will be happy to help.
- The Bookbug Explorer pack is gifted to three year olds by nurseries and family centres, usually at induction.
- The Bookbug P1 Family pack is gifted to all primary one children at gifting sessions delivered in libraries, or in schools with the support of library staff.
- Gaelic Bookbug packs are available on request by contacting your health visitor or your local library.