Cancer Information and support
If you’re affected by cancer and you’re looking for someone to turn to, our trained Information and Support Volunteers provide a friendly listening ear in our Macmillan spaces at the foundry and Clarkston Library.
We’re here to help anyone affected by cancer in the local area so whether you’re someone with a current or past cancer diagnosis, or you’re a family member, friend or carer, we’re here for you. Or maybe you’re a health or social care professional, or someone who is worried about cancer. We can make you aware of other sources of support in the local community and beyond, including financial advice, help with getting more active, emotional or practical support.
Our drop-ins are informal and friendly, with comfy sofas and arm chairs, and we offer free tea and coffee. There is no need to make an appointment, just drop-in at the following times:
|Barrhead Foundry||Wednesday – 10.30am to 12.30pm|
|Clarkston Library||Friday – 10.30am to 2.30pm|
When our drop-in sessions are not on, please feel free to browse our selection of Macmillan booklets which are free to take away.
How can we help?
- Emotional support and someone to talk to about anything that’s on your mind
- Information about other sources of support in the local community, online and over the phone
- A wide range of Macmillan information booklets on all aspects of living with and beyond cancer. If we don’t have a particular title in stock, we can order this to be delivered to your home address
Access to local counselling, stress management and complementary therapies* (please note complementary therapies may be unavailable subject to Covid restrictions)
- Put you in touch with money advice and benefits advisors who can help with your financial worries
- Direct you to good quality internet sites for cancer information and support
- Support to become more physically active with our Move More project
For queries on cancer and support or on volunteering please contact our Volunteer Co-ordinator:
Phone: 07867 441 486 (Tues, Wed and Fri)
Macmillan Support Line and Online Community
The Macmillan support Line is open 7 days a week, 9am-5pm on Freephone: 0808 808 0000. Call if you need information, support or just a chat.
The Macmillan online community is here for you as a source of comfort and support, where you can find people who understand, 24 hours a day. Stay connected at: community.macmillan.org.uk