Please note that if you are joining online, you will be sent a welcome letter that contains your library card number and details of your PIN. You can start using online services straightaway.
We will hold your physical card at the library until you are able to collect it.
You can complete a membership form at your local library or submit the online version below.
Online application form
- We'll aim to process your application within 3 working days.
- When we've processed your application we'll send a confirmation email with your new library card number
- On your first visit to the library you'll be asked to bring one piece of identification. This can be a passport, driving licence or a bill with your full postal address.
- If you qualify for a concession, you'll also need to provide proof of your status, such as a pension book.
- We'll issue your card and a 4 digit PIN number on your first visit. This will allow you to access the full range of online services from home.
- Anyone can join the library but you need to be age 16 or over to apply online.