Please note that if you are joining online, you will be sent a welcome letter that contains your
library card number and details of your PIN. All library card numbers start with a letter 'P'.
You can start using online services straightaway.
We will hold your physical card at the library until you are able to collect it.
You can complete a membership form at your local library or submit the online version
Online application form
- We'll aim to process your application within 3 working days.
- When we've processed your application we'll send a confirmation email with your new library
- On your first visit to the library you'll be asked to bring one piece of identification.
This can be a passport, driving licence or a bill with your full postal address.
- If you qualify for a concession, you'll
also need to provide proof of your status, such as a pension book.
- We'll issue your card and a 4 digit PIN number on your first visit. This will allow you to
access the full range of online services from home.
- Anyone can join the library but you need to be age 16 or over to apply online.