Joining your local library is easy and it's free
You can complete a membership form at your local library or submit the online version below.
Online application form
- We'll aim to process your application within 3 working days.
- When we've processed your application we'll send a confirmation email with your new library card number
- On your first visit to the library you'll be asked to bring one piece of identification. This can be a passport, driving licence or a bill with your full postal address.
- If you qualify for a concession, you'll also need to provide proof of your status, such as a pension book.
- We'll issue your card and a 4 digit PIN number on your first visit. This will allow you to access the full range of online services from home.
- Anyone can join the library but you need to be age 16 or over to apply online.