Get Involved with Active Schools
Get Involved- join our team today!
The success of Active Schools relies heavily on the support of volunteers. Volunteering can be hugely rewarding, helps you to meet new people and take on fresh challenges – you might even play a part in the development of a future Scottish sports star! Here’s a few reasons to Get Involved:
- Be more active. It’s not just the young people who will be more active!
- Have fun! Sport is one of the best ways to just have FUN!
- Gain confidence. Try something new and achieve!
- Make a difference. Have a real positive impact- change lives!
- Meet people. Meet new people and make new friends!
- Be part of something big. Be part of our national Active Schools network
- Learn new skills. Gain new skills, experience and even qualifications!
- Take on a challenge. Try something new and achieve new goals!
- Discover hidden talents. You’ll never know unless you give it a go!
Who can be involved?
- Anyone over 16 who is enthusiastic about sport and physical activity.
How much time do I need to give?
- From just 1 hour per week – short or long term – it’s all good!
What can I do?
Volunteer roles include coaching, assisting, admin, refereeing, event stewarding, marketing, possibly even minibus driving!
Before school, at lunchtimes or after school including evenings and weekends. Whatever suits you!.
Primary and secondary schools, community centres or local sports clubs.
How can I Get Involved?
If you are interested in volunteering, please get in touch with your nearest Active School Co-ordinator.